I struggle with linking my own self-worth to external achievements and other people’s opinions. It’s so important to recognize (and praise) your unique internal qualities and character; things that aren’t dependent on outside conditions.
Thanks to Dorkchops for sharing this list of lovely compliments that are more than just skin-deep.
“A lot of the time we get complimented on the way we look and we start to think that it’s the most valued quality about ourselves but it’s important to notice how skilled we are and how empowered we are as individuals. I found this list below that has a number of compliments we can start using that focus on how great we are on the inside. I hope that all of you will be able to use these compliments from now on! =)
1. You’re empowering
2. I like your voice
3. You’re strong
4. I think your ideas/beliefs matter
5. I’m so happy you exist
6. More people should be listening to what you have to say
7. You’re a very warm hearted person
8. It’s nice seeing such kindness
9. You’re very down to earth
10. You have a beautiful soul
11. You inspire me to become…
View original post (149 more words)
Phoenix photo credit: https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=104284